American Indian Association
Check out the new Rose State College American Indian Association Facebook page.
The Rose State College American Indian Association 2nd Annual Spring Contest Powwow is scheduled for April 13, 2013.
2pm - Gourd Dancing
5pm - Free Traditional Powwow Dinner
6pm - Gourd Dancing
7pm - Grand Entry Followed By Competition Dancing
All dancers, drums, and princesses welcome. Free and open to the public. Vendors welcome. $25 per booth or donation item of equal value. No gift cards.
Club meets are every Wednesday afternoon at 3pm in the Student Senate Conference Room or right outside in the Student Center main dining room. All students and club advisors are welcome to attend.
- To focus on culture of Native American students;
- To offer assistance to help students be successful;
- To work in conjunction with faculty members and administrators toward making Rose State College the Native American Studies Center of Oklahoma City, thereby, making RSC a more inviting institution for college-minded students;
- To increase the enrollment of Native American students at RSC by actively recruiting Native Americans interested in higher education;
- To work toward decreasing the attrition rate among Native American students while attending RSC by offering tutors for those students in need of assistance; and
- To provide a social environment for RSC Native American students and those interested in the Native American culture.
Robin Goodiron, President
Melinda Sutton, Vice President
Samuel Frazier, Treasurer
Shantaya Littlesun, Secretary
Ms. Mechelle Aitson-Roessler, Head Advisor
Director of Admissions/Registrar
Administration Building, Admissions
Ms. Brenda Coker
Grant Development Specialist
Administration Building, Room 201
Mr. Bob Davis
EmPower, Training Development Specialist
Health & Environmental Science Building, Room 208
Dr. Matt Despain
Social Sciences Division, Room 222
Ms. Carla Robison
Coordinator, Student Success Center
Student Center, Room 111
- Check with the RSC Foundation office for scholarship applications -- 405 736-0315.
- The Financial Aid Office provides BIA information -- 405 733-7424.
- The Learning Resources Center has several books, including a Directory of Financial Aid for Minorities.