Frequently Asked Questions

How many hours can I get credit for?

• It depends on your vocational program. 

Will I have to take classes on the Rose State campus to get the credits from Career Tech centers?

• No. The college credit you receive will only be for the classes/units taken while you are attending Career Tech classes.

How much does it cost?

• An Academic Services Fee of $8.00 per credit hour will be charged.

Will I receive a bill for my classes and enrollment fee by mail?

• No. At the time you co-enroll in classes, you will be given a class schedule/bill which will reflect your charges for that semester.

Can I enroll to obtain credit for classes I took at the career tech center after I complete my courses at career tech?

• No. You MUST co-enroll while you are a student at a career tech center.

If I’m in my senior year, can I get all the credits I need to finish the degree before I graduate from high school?

You must finish all the career tech program requirements while you are attending career tech. This necessitates that you complete the career tech program!

It is strongly recommended that you visit with your Rose State liaison, career tech counselor and instructor before you co-enroll to make sure you have a plan in place to complete the degree!

What about scholarships and financial aid if I decide to continue my education at Rose State?

• The Office of Prospective Student Services has information on scholarships that are available to both high school and adult students.

• Financial aid information is available through the Rose State College Financial Aid office. It is recommended that a student schedule an appointment with a financial aid counselor (736-0359) as early as possible to discuss financial aid opportunities.

Do I have to take a test to get co-enroll at Rose State College and the career tech center?

• No. To receive college credit for the classes you are currently taking at a career tech you do not have to take the COMPASS exam at Rose State College. The TABE (the COMPASS exam may be given at some Career Tech centers in place of the TABE) test you took to enter the Career Tech is sufficient for co-enrollment classes.

• If you decide to take additional classes at Rose State College and if you have taken the ACT within 3 years you do not have to take an entrance exam. If your ACT is over 3 years old or under a score of 19 then you will need to take the COMPASS exam.

What is the COMPASS?

• The COMPASS is a reading; math and verbal comprehension test that is a little like the TABE. There is no charge to take the test.

• The COMPASS ensures your success as a student by making sure you enroll in classes which are appropriate for your knowledge level.

• There is a COMPASS page on the Rose State website (www.rose.edu) that provides more information about the test and practice tests.

Will these courses I take at career tech, through Rose State College, transfer to another college or university?

• Oklahoma State Regent policy has entered into the cooperative agreements to offer educational opportunities which prepare students for immediate employment. These degrees are not for transfer.

• Some universities have degrees for which they will accept an Associate in Applied Science degree as a transfer, however many do not. Look for universities that offer a Bachelor of Technology degree. In Oklahoma, Northeastern State University (Tahlequah) and OSU-Okmulgee are examples of universities which offer a Bachelor of Technology degree.

• Extrainstitutional credit for classes taken at the career tech centers may also be available through a university.

Do these grades ever come off my transcript?

• No. The grade you receive will be on your permanent record.

Do I receive a grade report from Rose State College?

• Yes. You can access your grade online at www.rose.edu at the end of each semester. You can also get a transcript from the kiosks located in the entrance to the Rose State College Administration Building.

If I withdraw from career tech before completing my courses and have already co-enrolled at Rose State, do I also need to officially withdraw from Rose State?


• When you complete an application for admission and co-enroll at Rose State, you are considered a Rose State College student.

• You must physically go to the Rose State College Admissions Office and officially withdraw during the designated times indicated on the Academic Calendar in this supplement.

• If you do not withdraw by the designated date you will be responsible for all tuition and fees.

Rose State College
6420 S.E. 15th Street.
Midwest City, OK 73110-2704
Phone: 405-733-ROSE (7673)
Toll Free: 866 621-0987

© Copyright 2015 Rose State College
All Rights Reserved
Designed by Element Fusion
Powered by Radium3