Library Research Guide - Marriage & Family
Listed below are library resources that may be helpful in your research. If you need additional help, please see the Reference Librarian or your Instructor.
Encyclopedias (Reference on the First Floor)
Encyclopedia of Marriage and the Family (REF HQ9 E52)
Encylopedia of Marriage, Divorce and the Family (REF HQ9 D38)
Encyclopedia of Family Life (REF HQ534 E53)
Additional Materials (Reference on the First Floor)
Infancy in America (REF HQ774 I528)
Aging (REF HQ1061 A42453)
Magazines, Journals & Newspapers (LRC First Floor)
Periodicals pertaining to child development:
|Family & Community Health
|Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences
|Journal of Marriage and the Family
- MasterFile Premier (general magazines)
- Academic Search Premier (scholarly journals)
- ERIC (index to educational journal articles and education-related reports)
- Professional Development Collection (full-text education articles)
- PsycINFO (scholarly journal index only; some links to full-text)
- Access World News
- Tulsa World
ERIC - Access to citations and some full-text from the journal literature on education.
Magazines and Newspapers Full-text
in Online Databases -- These titles are full-text in the indicated databases.
- Applied Psychology (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Attachment and Human Development (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Brown University Child and Adolescent Behavior Letter (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Child & Family Social Work (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Child Development (Professional Development Center--EBSCOhost)
- Family Relations (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Infant and Child Development (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Journal of Child and Family Studies (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Journal of Comparative Family Studies (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Journal of General Psychology (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Psychology Today (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
- Scholastic Parent and Child (Academic Search Premier--EBSCOhost)
Education Index (Index Table; First Floor)
Indexes articles from educational journals.
Annuals (Circulating Collection; Second Floor)
Contains journal articles and are available for checkout:
Human Development (HQ768 A55)
Online Library Catalog
The online card catalog is an index to the library’s books and audiovisual materials. You may search the catalog from any computer with Internet access. The online card catalog can be searched in a variety of ways most notably by TITLE, AUTHOR, SUBJECT, and KEYWORD.
Before entering the Rose State College Online Databases from off-campus, you will need to activate your campus username and password. Stop by the Reference Desk in the Library, and we will assist you in getting on the network. After completing this process on campus, you will be able to utilize any of the databases from wherever you have Internet access. Online Database Log-in Instructions
EBSCOhost is a popular database service provider to several journal databases and is available from any computer with Internet access. The online databases provide indexing and full-text articles from periodicals and newspapers. Academic Search Premier, PsycINFO and ERIC databases within EBSCOhost will be most helpful for your assignment. The ERIC database does not contain full-text article. Speak with the Reference Librarian on how to obtain articles from ERIC. Be aware that ERIC documents will take approximately one month to receive.
Other helpful service providers to online databases include NewsBank and SIRS.
Although an unorganized resource, the Internet does contain valuable information. The library’s PSYCHOLOGY links will be most helpful for your assignment.
Additional web sites that might help your research include:
- Internet Public Library (www.ipl.org) has links to psychology web sites under Social Sciences.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy www.aamft.org/
- National Council on Family Relations www.ncfr.org/
Back to Library Research Guides