Rose State College is a military National Test Center (NTC). We are very proud to be able to serve our military service members and help them to achieve their education goals.
The DANTES "Credit-By-Exam" is a program that gives you the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses.
Who Is Eligible For Military-Funded Exams?
CLEP & DSST exams are free to the following eligible military personnel and eligible civilian employees. Military veterans can seek reimbursement from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for exams and fees.
- Military personnel (Active Duty and Reserve) - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, Army Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Navy Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, Army and Air National Guard
- Eligible civilian employees and spouses of participating Reserve Component and Coast Guard personnel
- Department of Defense Acquisition Personnel (only eligible for the following computer-based exams: Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics and Principles of Marketing)
There are two types of Credit-by Exams - CLEP and DSST. The following will explain these tests and how you can use them to accelerate your path to a college degree.
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program):
- CLEP General and Subject examinations are available as computer-based tests at Rose State College.
- Use your service smarts to earn college credit. The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) offers you the opportunity to earn up college credits by passing any of 33 exams.
- Available tests (put link to available tests here)
- For more information, visit the CLEP for Veterans page.
- CLEP exams are given Monday through Thursday at 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM, please call for an appointment
- DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests):
- DSST Exams are an extensive series of examinations in college subjects that are comparable to the final or end-of-course examinations in undergraduate courses.
- Go to www.getcollegecredit.com for more information about DSST tests
- Remember to have the four (4) digit college code for the college you wish to send your results to. The code can be found at http://www.getcollegecredit.com/search.html. If you are sending the scores to the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) you don’t need to look up the college code, the scores are sent automatically to CCAF
- DSST exams are given Monday through Thursday at 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM, please call for an appointment
- DANTES Retest Policy: The Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) will only provide funding for initial testing. If retaking a test, the service member will have to pay all testing costs.